Calling interested Glamo OpenGL developers (was: The forbidden topic: Glamo OpenGL)

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:02:35 CET 2008

2008/11/21 The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster at rasterman.com>

> XSync sends a request to x and waits for a reply - so your client app will
> stop
> and wait until x replies. x will reply once it has completed all existing
> requests - that means the XCopeArea. while your app is waiting xglamo is
> waiting for the gfx chip to do the work - and likely its sitting in a loop
> polling checking when the command is done.

Thanks Raster, now things are becoming clear :)
The glamo chip should raise an interrupt when the command is done, a
specialized kernel module should export this interrupt to the userspace so
Xglamo may suspend waiting for this interrupt without wasting cpu cycles!
I suppose that this should be quite easy and cheap for Openmoko developers,
may it be considered?
This will really improve the device performance!

Regards

   Nicola