Survey about the Touchscreen

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Fri Nov 21 14:28:09 CET 2008

Vikas Saurabh wrote:
> I think we need to decide upon this without the bias of UI....one
> might get excited with iPhone's UI.
>
> What we would have to remember:
> * capacitive screen would always require a touch of finger (hence all
> the UI elements need to take enough space on screen) so the whole fun
> of high reso is gone....
> * otoh, pressure based screen need a little more pressure to react but
> is often manageable with fingers as well

Agree.
Either a really big capacitive screen with no boarders or a small hi res
screen as currently (I like it) with either a stylus or a keypad.

I would vote for the same screen as currently used or at least the same
quality but bigger and a keypad. Finger use for the current screen is
pretty much a failure. (not impossible but as far as text input goes
pretty much failed)