Survey about the Touchscreen

Anton Persson don.juanton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 16:23:20 CET 2008

Novelty-factor? Have you ever used an iPhone for a longer period? I know
several
people who own one now ,  and they would _NEVER_ turn back to anything like
stylus controlled device, again. I really would _LOVE_ an iPhone, if it came
with
Free Software...

But the "novelty factor"-argument has been used before... Like when the
cell-phone
started to be more generally available.. "It's just a novelty for the guys
at Wall Street."..
Yeah right... How many of you have cut of the land-line and gone 100%
mobile? I have,
and there's no looking back. Sure, there was benefits like a lower price per
minute, but
that's all gone now, almost.. It's certainly not worth the difference any
more, and the cell
has so many more pro's than the landline...

It's the same with the resistive vs capacitive approach, as I see it. There
is only one
pro with the resistive one, and that's an extremely low pro.. Especially if
there is indeed
a stylus, albeit with a rather big tip. For the argument that you can use a
smaller display
if you use a stylus, yeah that's true.. But the OpenMoko looks very poor
with such a small
display and a HUGE area of NOTHING around it, which could have been used for
display
purposes instead.

   Best regards
     Anton Persson