Survey about the Touchscreen

Damien Thébault damien.thebault at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 16:51:07 CET 2008

2008/11/21 Al Iasid <aliasid at gmail.com>:
> IMHO having to dig out a stylus (pen) or use my fingernail is not nearly as
> convenient or enjoyable as a finger-friendly interface. I don't min hi res
> or low res - or big or small screen size - as long as the interface is
> finger-friendly. The cell phone is our most "intimate" personal device.
> There should be no intermediary in the user interface.

I don't really care about using my fingernails, they are always available, but
I don't like to use a stylus since I have to find it in the first place.
(maybe if the stylus was hidden in the case it would be a little better, but
this uses space and it takes more time than fingernails)

The primary isses I have with the actual touchscreen is the UI reactivity,
I don't know if it's because the touchscreen is slow or because the software is.

I agree that a borderless phone would be more practical touchscreen-wise.
If this implies using a hard screen, implying capacitive, then why not.

Regards,
--
Damien Thebault