[2008.x] 'opkg upgrade' interrupted.

Ivar Mossin ivar.mossin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 00:12:29 CET 2008

> One possible way round this is to run your upgrade within a "screen"
> session.  The upgrade will continue even if you get disconnected from
> the session, in which case you can reconnect later.

That's what I did just now. Although I was a bit scared when I saw this:

Configuring dropbear
 System startup links for /etc/init.d/dropbear already exist.
Restarting Dropbear SSH server: Connection to 192.168.0.202 closed by remote
host.
Connection to 192.168.0.202 closed.
imo at ivar-laptop:~$ ssh root at 192.168.0.202
root at 192.168.0.202's password:
root at om-gta02:~# screen -ls
No Sockets found in /tmp/screens/S-root.

... I don't know why, but somehow I did actually try 'screen -R' anyway,
even though I saw the list was empty. And it did actually work. :)

I wouldn't call this a solution though, just a work-around.

-Ivar Mossin