[Debian][OM2008][FSO] Found an easy solution for universal right- and middle-click

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 23 12:44:33 CET 2008

2008/11/23 Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com>:
> Hello, everybody!
>
> I think i found a universal (not only GTK) and easy (without special
> tslib drivers) solution that should work on any X-server.
>
> I just added to my fbpanel two icons to launch xmodmap -e 'pointer = 1
> 2 3' and xmodmap -e 'pointer = 2 3 1' to switch ts to left-click and
> to middle-click respectively. Right-click can be added as well.

This sounds great.  Is it possible to make the changes automatically
one-time-only - i.e. so that they automatically revert to left-click
after one right- or middle- click?  I think that would best match what
one needs in practice; e.g. right-click to bring up a context menu,
then left-click on the desired menu entry.

> But i can't figure what's the best place on the wiki to share this
> information. Can you suggest the appropriate place?

I suggest a new "UI tricks" or "Usability tricks" (or somesuch) bullet
in the "Getting Started" group of the "for Users" section of the Wiki
start page.  (Obviously pointing to a new page, containing your
suggestion.)

Regards,
     Neil