I/O problems with SD card

Evgeny Karyakin anthropophagite at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 20:07:47 CET 2008

> seems you experience the well known sd card issue.
> wiki and/or archives should offer a lot of postings on the issue.
> it boils down to setting sd_max_clk -- in your case in the nand boot environment since your fr seems
> unable to boot from sd at all.
> searching for "sd_max_clk +openmoko" should give you sufficient enough hits.

   Thanks for suggestion, I've found a lot of information on this.
   Now I have a disaster... Trying to follow
http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1743#comment:5 I entered
/dev/ttyACM0 console and redefined bootcmd environment variable
through minicom terminal emulator. Something went wrong -- I don't
know what step caused it -- and since then Neo could still boot from
NAND (kernel + rootfs) but couldn't be reflashed, it says something
like writing past memory available, I guess it's because broken
environment. I've found some promising info about Factory reset, but
it wasn't in my NAND boot menu. Bad.
   Next I found Devirginator which promises to do that reset another
way. One of the steps described in
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Bootloader says that I need to make a
shot of current env before modifying it writing it back in place. So I
issued

dfu-util -a u-boot_env -R -U env.in

   and this was the end. dfu-util said that no DFU device is present
and exit. Now Neo can't even be seen as DFU device from my notebook.
Although Freerunner boots its current software version, FSO milestone
4.
   What next? Resort to http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Bricked or
search for a guy with Debug board or ...?