[2008.x] 'opkg upgrade' interrupted.

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Sun Nov 23 20:46:03 CET 2008

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:55:06 +0100, Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike at szluug.org>
wrote:
> Joel Newkirk wrote:
> [...]
>> The short solution - 'opkg update' and 'opkg install dropbear' from
>> terminal, then 'opkg upgrade' via ssh.  opkg is imperfect...
>
> Actually I believe it's dropbear's fault.
>
> Kind regards,

The snafu of killing your active SSH during upgrade is not strictly
Dropbear's fault, more the fault of the upgrade/install scripts
accompanying the package.

Regardless, I was unclear, but was referring to the other 'issues' when I
referred to opkg as 'imperfect' (being polite).  Unless it's in the middle
of a string of inter-related dependencies, there's no reason that
previously-handled packages should be processed again.  And ideally,
'environment-breaking' actions like restarting dropbear or restarting X
should be deferred until all package upgrades are completed.