[debian] state of enlightment and illume packaging

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 23 22:22:03 CET 2008

2008/11/23 Jesus McCloud <bernd.pruenster at gmail.com>:

> rocks!
> compared to my xfce dekstop i now DO see what raster meant ("desktops on
> diet")

I'm liking it too, definitely has immediately become my default,
replacing trayer+openmoko-panel-plugin.  I especially like

- the < and > buttons for switching apps

- the keyboard - which I haven't actually used very much yet, but
appears to have the same fuzzy logic as the Qtopia one

- everything accessible from the Illume background menu.

Only "but" is that Enlightenment SEGV'd on me on startup, has anyone
else seen that?  If not I guess I should try to get some diags.  I
chose the "Recover" option, and that seemed to work.

Regards,
       Neil