I/O problems with SD card

Evgeny Karyakin anthropophagite at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 06:22:12 CET 2008

2008/11/24 Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com>:
> |    DFU is absent, dfu-util -l finds no suitable device to work with,
> | maybe because I damaged it when I changed environment in minicom
> | console or I uploaded wrong image onto that. AUX+POW on the phone,
> | menu appears, dfu-util -l on desktop, and no DFU device found.
> |    I know no other way of flashing new u-boot image without DFU
> | protocol working, except Debug board which I haven't.
>
> I'm not sure what's happening to you, but your dmesg traffic would be
> pretty normal if you were entering and then leaving U-Boot... the
> connection would indeed timeout (-110) when we leave U-Boot and load the
> kernel / crash or whatever.
>
> If you hold down the AUX / corner key when you power up, you should come
> up in NOR U-Boot with a menu on the LCM.  If that's true, you should
> have 30s to do the DFU you want to do before it times out.

   Yes, I know that, but I'm unable to connect to the phone through
DFU protocol because Neo don't offer itself as a device supporting
DFU. I have Neo plugged in to desktop throught USB cable. AUX+POW
gives me NOR boot menu and at the same time Neo must be visible to
desktop as DFU-capable device within next 30 seconds, but it's not.
That's why I (may be erroneously) call myself bricked -- I can boot
Neo with it's currently installed software (FSO m4) but I can't update
it's NAND to anything else since the moment I damaged(?) u-boot.