I/O problems with SD card

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 10:04:21 CET 2008

Hi,

"Evgeny Karyakin" <anthropophagite at gmail.com> writes:
> 2008/11/24 Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com>:
>> I'm not sure what's happening to you, but your dmesg traffic would be
>> pretty normal if you were entering and then leaving U-Boot... the
>> connection would indeed timeout (-110) when we leave U-Boot and load the
>> kernel / crash or whatever.
>>
>> If you hold down the AUX / corner key when you power up, you should come
>> up in NOR U-Boot with a menu on the LCM.  If that's true, you should
>> have 30s to do the DFU you want to do before it times out.
>
>    Yes, I know that, but I'm unable to connect to the phone through
> DFU protocol because Neo don't offer itself as a device supporting
> DFU. I have Neo plugged in to desktop throught USB cable. AUX+POW
> gives me NOR boot menu and at the same time Neo must be visible to
> desktop as DFU-capable device within next 30 seconds, but it's not.

It might be a silly suggestion but please double-check the usb cable
used, try to connect directly to the motherboard (avoid front-panel
connectors and usb hubs). May be you should try another PC.

By no means (as you have no dboard) you could have damaged the NOR
bootloader by dfu-util. It should just work. The battery must be
charged before the flashing (you can even use any full-charged Nokia
battery). Try removing the battery for some time (to ensure clean
boot), then boot directly into the NOR uBoot, connect to PC and try to
flash. If it doesn't work, use another cable/usb port/pc.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com