I/O problems with SD card

Evgeniy Karyakin anthropophagite at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 19:27:28 CET 2008

>>    Yes, I know that, but I'm unable to connect to the phone through
>> DFU protocol because Neo don't offer itself as a device supporting
>> DFU.
>
> Have you tried to connect usb cable AFTER freerunner started NOR u-boot?
> My early problems with DFU disappeared after I took this approach in a
> script, it seems it can announce under two different PIDs (this one is
> for updating U-Boot):
>
> #!/bin/bash
> dfu-util -a 1 -d 0x1d50:0x5119 -D u-boot.udfu
> if [ $? -eq 1 ] ; then
> dfu-util -a 1 -d 0x1d50:0x5120 -D u-boot.udfu
> dfu-util -a 1 -d 0x1d50:0x5119 -D u-boot.udfu
> fi
> It might be a silly suggestion but please double-check the usb cable
> used, try to connect directly to the motherboard (avoid front-panel
> connectors and usb hubs). May be you should try another PC.
>
> By no means (as you have no dboard) you could have damaged the NOR
> bootloader by dfu-util. It should just work. The battery must be
> charged before the flashing (you can even use any full-charged Nokia
> battery). Try removing the battery for some time (to ensure clean
> boot), then boot directly into the NOR uBoot, connect to PC and try to
> flash. If it doesn't work, use another cable/usb port/pc.

    Thanks you all, Andy, Nikita and Paul, now I have the phone working
again. I used all your suggestions in complex, use another USB port on
desktop, connect Freerunner to notebook after it's in NOR boot menu
state, and flashed the phone using -d dfu-util option. It finished
successfully. Still don't know what caused that troubles with DFU
recognition failures. I have to be careful in the future while doing
low-level manipulations with Neo like environment changes.
    Thanks, your help was invaluable!