Where is startup log?

Vikas Saurabh vikas.saurabh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 21:50:15 CET 2008

I don't know exactly where the startup logs are...dmesg and logread
are helpful at times.

But, what you observed happened to me once with Om2008.8 when I
changed my feed to testing and upgraded. It gave lots of warning about
gtk+ trying to overwrite files installed using gtk-fastscaling+ and
after everything it stuck to where you are.

Takeaway: don't mix feeds (unless of course you exactly know which
packages you should blah blah...for users like me, don't mix the feeds
work beautifully)