[FSO ms4] GPRS problem on one network

Stefan Schmidt stefan at openmoko.org
Wed Nov 26 16:06:28 CET 2008

Hello.

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 14:09, Arigead wrote:

> mdbus -s $BUSNAME $OBJECTPATH $METHODNAME "$APN" "$USERNAME" "$PASSWORD"
>

> APN="isp.vodafone.ie"
> APN="open.internet"
>
> The vodafone gprs works a charm but the O2 AP gives me an error message
> when I execute the script:
>
> Error while evaluating 'open.internet': 'builtin_function_or_method'
> object has no attribute 'internet'

Nice finding!

The problem here is that mdbus makes an eval on these to avoid the need to set a
type explicit. (Seems with this setup we need to think about changing this)

Can you please try it with this?

u"open.internet"

This explicit sets the type and therefor should work around it.

regards
Stefan Schmidt