kismet on freerunner

andi andi.platschek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 23:13:06 CET 2008

Hi!

What I am working on at the moment, is a simple python program that uses
pythonwifi (also used in mofi)
to scan the networks and then adds them as poi into tangogps.
I know that kismet does much more than that, but at least this should
give you a pretty map of accesspoints
in your area.

At the moment I am already able to scan the area, and put the
accesspoints onto the map, the refinement is
done via the signal quality (if a accesspoint is found that is already
known, an the quality is better than before,
the new coordinates are used)

Unfortunately i am having a hard time testing at the moment (losing the
fix as soon as i move the neo away from
the window ;-) )

so long...
Andi