Rotate single application

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 23:57:35 CET 2008

On Wednesday 26 November 2008, Bernd Prünster wrote:
> Alexander Chemeris schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any possibility to rotate screen for a selected application?
> > Now I use "xrandr -o 1 && app && xrandr -o 0" to run application
> > in landscape mode, but this rotates screen for the whole system.
> > I rather want to rotate single application window.
>
> sure it is, just make shellscript which does the rotation, then launches
> the application an then rotates tzhe screen back. you can also change
> the keycode for the aux button just for one application in the same way!
> (just look at the scummvm wiki page if you want to have a good example!)

That's what the OP does already. It doesn't do what's being asked though. If
you switch windows without closing your rotated app you will find that
everything else is rotated too. The OP is asking for rotate happen to that
app only. I don't know of anything that does that for generic apps, but I
could imagine it being a window manager plugin.