[OT]Software patents end? ??:) light at the end of tunnel

Denis Johnson denis.johnson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 08:06:30 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Atilla Filiz <atilla.filiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> mp3 is also a lossy format. so other formats are not lower quality. The
> thing is, converting from one format to another is also a lossy operation
> itself. So if you convert an ogg music to mp3, you may also end up with
> slightly worse file.

If I may add, I recommend that your music collection should be ripped
and archived from CD using FLAC http://flac.sourceforge.net/.
Preferably using something like http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/ (if
someone knows a Linux equivalent please chime in)  Only if your device
does not support FLAC playback, convert from FLAC to whatever is best
for the device.

Although I don't know if the FR supports FLAC, does anyone know ?

cheers Denis