[Om2008.9] Where to set Illume's preferences?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Fri Nov 28 01:02:01 CET 2008

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 00:49:57 +0100 Pander <pander at users.sourceforge.net>
babbled:

> For the Dutch language the following characters are important:
> àáäâ and upper case
> èéëê and upper case
> ìíïî and upper case
> òóöô and upper case
> ùúüû and upper case
> ç and upper case
> ij (ij ligature) and upper case
>
> Normally it is not possible to easily input the latter ligature by the
> use of the compose key. All others are no problem by means of the
> compose key.
>
> Most people use 'ij' for 'ij', but the official one is 'ij' which needs
> some stimulation in use. When possible, can this one be made available
> in illume?

yes. see the Numbers.kbd - it has accented chars as above - as long as an x
keysym exists for such a char at all it will work and just put them into
the .kbd as utf8 text. see the Numbers.kbd :)

> How do I fill the dictionary? Do I use the 'ij' or the 'ij' or do I offer
> both?

dictionary has bugs with utf8 (non-ascii) chars. so anything in the dict that
is non-ascii will make word matching have problems. i just dont have time to
fix it at the moment.