Creating a distro on a sim card

Rodney Myers rdmyers at mtpalomar.net
Sat Nov 29 21:45:04 CET 2008

In my ongoing quest, I did find out I was not actually booting from
the SD device, so I have printed out the instructions, and for the
past week attempting to get the device configured and booting properly

So far this is what I am accomplishing

Still attempting to get my OM to boot from the SD card.

If I fillow the instructions at

<http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Booting_from_SD#Prepare_the_SD_card>

and format the 1st partition vfat, I get this error when booting
(using magnifying glass);

[2.68000]	mmcblk0: error -84 sending read/write command
[2.68000]	buffer I/O error on device mmcblk0, logical block 0
[2.68500]	mmcblk0:  error -110 sending read/write command
[2.69000]	buffer I/O error on device mmcblk0, logical block 0
[8.15000]	kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(179,2)

if I change 1st partition to ext2, I get this error;

unable to read  image "uImage.bin"

and then pops back into the boot menu

I'm at a loss to figure this out.

Anymore help would be greatly appreciated