Creating a distro on a sim card

Paul paul at nlpagan.net
Sat Nov 29 22:04:21 CET 2008

> and format the 1st partition vfat, I get this error when booting
> (using magnifying glass);
>
> [2.68000]    mmcblk0: error -84 sending read/write command
> [2.68000]    buffer I/O error on device mmcblk0, logical block 0
> [2.68500]    mmcblk0:  error -110 sending read/write command
> [2.69000]    buffer I/O error on device mmcblk0, logical block 0
> [8.15000]    kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs
> on unknown-block(179,2)

What did you do to the 2nd partition? You need to format that ext2, and
put a rootfs on that.
Judging from the last error message, there is no defined or formated 2nd
partition.

Paul

--
If you can talk brilliantly about a problem,
it can create the consoling illusion that it has been mastered.

http://www.nlpagan.net
Running on Mandriva Linux 2009 and Ubuntu 8.10