Optimization team update (11/23 ~ 11/29)

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sun Nov 30 14:32:20 CET 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 07:50:22PM +0800, John Lee wrote:
> Echo:
>
> Since there are different hw versions out there (a5, a6, a7), it's
> impossible to provide one alsa state file that suits all models.
> However, it seems you can always find appropriate values for your
> neo.  My way is to adjust
> control.4 Speaker Playback Volume in
> /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/gsmhandset.state
>
> the max value is 127, 95 works best on my a5.  With volume level 3 or
> 4 in qtopia dialer, the other side can hear no echo while I get good
> audio quality.

This is interesting, I have an a5 and the default value of FSO M4.1a:

        control.4 {
                comment.access 'read write'
                comment.type INTEGER
                comment.count 2
                comment.range '0 - 127'
                iface MIXER
                name 'Speaker Playback Volume'
                value.0 116
                value.1 116
        }

Sometimes I ask people on the other side: do you hear echo? The answer
has been no.

Rui

--
Hail Eris, Hack GNU/Linux!
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 42nd day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?