SD boot freeze, hang at boot time, why ?

Maelvon HAWK maelvon.hawk at laposte.net
Sun Nov 30 15:25:47 CET 2008

Hello,

Sometimes my GTA02 freeze at boot time on the SD card, and I should
remove the battery to shutdown the phone. It freeze sometimes on the
OpenMoko SPLASH screen, no error message except the, beautiful, splash !

The screen is freezed on, when SD booting  :

<freeze>
Card Type:		SD 2.0 SDHC
Manufacturer:		0x02, OEM "TM"
Product name:		"SDG08G", revision 3.8
Serial number:		3282648718
Manufacturing date: 	7/2008
MMC/SD size:		3MiB
reading uImage.bin

1760128 bytes read
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 32000000 ...
    Image Name: 		Debian FreeRunner Kernel
    Created:		2008-11-13	0:18:20 UTC
    Image Type:		ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
    Data Size:		1760064 Bytes = 1.7 MB
    Load Address:	30008000
    Entry Point:		30008000
    Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK

Starting kernel ...
</freeze>

Someone can tell me what's happening ? Or give me any clues to repair
that, and a place to report the bug.

Regards,

Maelvon