Audio format

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 30 16:10:27 CET 2008

What would be a convenient place to store ringtones in such a way that
selecting a new one can be done from the same directory as the default
ringtones without changing to exotic paths?

I'm looking for a 'home' for ringtones, notifications, etc. and for
alternative places where they could be expected and link from there to
the ringtone home.

For example, store the ringtones somewhere here:

/opt/Qtopia/etc/SystemRingTones/custom.ogg
/opt/Qtopia/etc/SystemRingTones/alarm.wav
/opt/Qtopia/etc/SystemRingTones/phonering.wav
/opt/Qtopia/sounds/alarm.wav

And from here links (in FDOM) to the new ringtones so that in this case
linphone can also access them

/usr/share/sounds/linphone/rings/custom.ogg ->
/opt/Qtopia/etc/SystemRingTones/custom.ogg
/usr/share/sounds/linphone/rings/oldphone.wav
/usr/share/sounds/linphone/rings/synth.wav
/usr/share/sounds/linphone/rings/bigben.wav
/usr/share/sounds/linphone/rings/toy.wav
/usr/share/sounds/linphone/rings/sweet.wav
/usr/share/sounds/linphone/rings/rock.wav
/usr/share/sounds/linphone/rings/tapping.wav
/usr/share/sounds/linphone/rings/orig.wav
/usr/share/sounds/linphone/ringback.wav

Who can give some advice in this matter?

Thanks,

Pander