[Om2008.9] launching GPRS by hand

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Wed Oct 1 16:57:13 CEST 2008

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> I've read this before, but all this information is outdated because it
> talks about starting gsmd (which is not there anymore in Om2008.9) and I
> don't even know if the Qtopia's qpe is aware of handling this device of
> Multiplexing;

i have it working under 2008.09.  you can read my writeup at
http://www.teaparty.net/technotes/openmoko-2.html#GPRS , which points in
turn to florian hackenberger's excellent step-by-step guide to turning on
gsm muxing, at
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-August/028495.html .
you need to do all of it up to but not including the bit that starts "Now
you can request a new device for the modem using".

it's not very complex to follow, and it means you won't need to shut down
qpe every time you want to do GPRS.

> is there a working example of Multiplexing with qpe?

see above.

--

   Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net