qemu

Pupino pupinux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 20:50:30 CEST 2008

2008/9/30 Joel Newkirk <freerunner at newkirk.us>

> In the course of working on my development VM, I installed qemu using
> Mokomakefile.  It seems it installs a Qtopia image.
>
> Can someone lead me by the hand, or point out a howto/faq I missed, that
> clearly tells me how to set up other images with it, particularly FSO and
> 2008.9?  I know that I need to tell qemu it's "gta02fake" instead of
> "gta01", but so far I've failed to get any images running with it apart
> from the one Mokomakefile pulls in. (they timeout while flashing)
>
> And is there any simple way to support having multiple images installed,
> choosing among them at launch time?  All I can see for sure is how to
> 'flash' it with different images. (I've not used qemu much yet, so I still
> haven't fully wrapped my brain around the various symlinks and env settings
> affecting it) I'm hoping I can create desktop shortcuts to simple scripts
> that fire up qemu with various images, without having to fire up
> Mokomakefile and reflash each time - ideal would be fully independent, each
> available image having its own SD etc.
>
> Thanks for any info or advice.

Hi,
i've experimented a bit with qemu since i have no freerunner yet, but i
didn't get anything working.
All I learned so far is: gta02fake needs a custom kernel and the patch
proposed in the wiki no longer works.
I've asked for help on this and on the developer list but didn't get any
response.

For the flashing problem, i'm quite sure you can "have" SD cards and ence
you can manage them with a symlink, but i didn't understand how the SD is
emulated.

HTH
Davide.