[SPAM] Re: kernel for qt extended 4.4

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Fri Oct 3 07:59:39 CEST 2008

Kishore wrote:
> On Friday 03 Oct 2008 4:46:45 am Lorn Potter wrote:
>> Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:

>>> hmmm ... I'm guessing that image isn't the official released one, too
>>> many bugs (old and new):
>>>
>>> - lots of kernel-warnings spit out during booting (using
>>> uImage-gta02-mwester-stable-d6f9fd270943fb22.bin from I believe the
>>> previous 4.3.x snapshot version). Or maybe this is a uimage issue?
>> yes, this has nothng to do with qtextended.
>
> I get plenty of errors with regard to splash plugin not found. Seems like
> there should have been a splash screen that is trying to be updated but then
> it does not exist. And yes, boot it still slow.

thats because I removed that, but some script is still trying to use it. It's harmless

>>> - timezone management isn't working (the files just aren't there
>>> in /usr/share/timezone). Also the time itself can't be changed.
>> hmmm...
>> indeed. sorry. I will update with a new image.
>
> I hope it will be possible to just upgrade from the current install i just
> spent a few hours setting up the moko, transferring contacts etc. (My previous
> motoming phone does not have an export all feature)

ok. I will put up a ipkg of the needed zoneinfo files.

>>> - echo problem is back
>> odd.
>>
>>> - alarm keeps vibrating the phone, after pressing "snooze"
>>> - each received call arrives twice, causing the second call to show up
>>> as "missed"
>> also odd. I haven't seen this.
>>
>>> The image is called 4.4.1, but my phone reports it as 4.4.2 ... I
>>> thought it was going to be 4.4.3?
>> Thats because its really a snapshot. which is just 4.4.1 + a few bug fixes.
>
> I do not use the FR as my primary phone yet so have not tested how well it
> manages calls.
>
> Ps: Lorn, In your blog post for today, you mention dynamic rotation. Does that
> mean it adjusts based on accelerometer reading? I could only find one
> application where i had to tap on the screen to make it rotate.

We have not done anything with motion sensors yet. So it is not automatic rotation on the Neo.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Qt Software, Nokia Pty Ltd