[SPAM] Re: kernel for qt extended 4.4

Fri Oct 3 08:18:11 CEST 2008

On Friday 03 Oct 2008 11:29:39 am Lorn Potter wrote:
> Kishore wrote:

> >> yes, this has nothng to do with qtextended.
> >
> > I get plenty of errors with regard to splash plugin not found. Seems like
> > there should have been a splash screen that is trying to be updated but
> > then it does not exist. And yes, boot it still slow.
>
> thats because I removed that, but some script is still trying to use it.
> It's harmless

OK. Harmless but still looks bad but no issue really.

> >> hmmm...
> >> indeed. sorry. I will update with a new image.
> >
> > I hope it will be possible to just upgrade from the current install i
> > just spent a few hours setting up the moko, transferring contacts etc.
> > (My previous motoming phone does not have an export all feature)
>
> ok. I will put up a ipkg of the needed zoneinfo files.

Thanks!

> >> odd.

I put in a SIM to test. Neither I nor the other side experience any echo.

> >> also odd. I haven't seen this.

When i answer a call it does register the same call as a missed call too. I
have another issue where if the call was from an unknown contact and i wish to
add to my contacts list, it would ask me if i want to create a new contact and
there touch screen does not respond to my input on either of "yes" or "no" or
elsewhere. I have to press the AUX button to recover.

Also when i choose to delete data from the call history, it okays my input but
does not delete the entry.

> >> Thats because its really a snapshot. which is just 4.4.1 + a few bug
> >> fixes.
> >
> > I do not use the FR as my primary phone yet so have not tested how well
> > it manages calls.
> >
> > Ps: Lorn, In your blog post for today, you mention dynamic rotation. Does
> > that mean it adjusts based on accelerometer reading? I could only find
> > one application where i had to tap on the screen to make it rotate.
>
> We have not done anything with motion sensors yet. So it is not automatic
> rotation on the Neo.

OK, Is there an API that one can use to write a small script daemon?
--
Cheers!
Kishore