[u-boot] Wrong image format for bootm command

Matthew Lane malane at purdue.edu
Fri Oct 3 21:42:05 CEST 2008

Hey,

I'm having trouble booting my neo.  I can get into NOR flash, and NAND
flash, but the NAND flash only supplies one option: the "Boot" command.
This command prints a message saying "Wrong image format for the bootm
command."

I have grabbed the latest u-boot from:
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/daily/gta02v5_and_up-u-boot.bin
I have flashed this into my NAND using dfu-util from my NOR with no errors.

My flash image is currently the FDOM image.  I was attempting to install
debian on my uSD.  I updated to the latest uboot, configured it using a
script provided at debian.org, and then booted into my flash image and
proceeded to install debian.  The process halted after partitioning,
which then advised to use 'cu' to add some environmental variables to
booting.  After this, I rebooted and began receiving these errors.

I currently cannot boot into anything.  I can log into NOR (which seems
fine) but I am unable to flash a working NAND (Just that "boot" option).

Thanks!