[debian] openmoko-panel-plugin 0.4

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Sat Oct 4 11:38:03 CEST 2008

joakim at verona.se wrote:
> My .deb doesnt appear to miss these icons, except brightness.png.
> I cant find the brightness.png file in the src tgz.

When i take a look at the .deb with "dpkg-deb -c
openmoko-panel-plugin_0.4-1_all.deb" i can see that all my mentioned
icons are missing. But maybe there is a newer version out which solves this.
I use brightness.png from an unofficial pre-0.4 version and i attached
it to this mail. Just copy it to the right folder and the icon appears
and you can change the brightness. :)

arne anka wrote:
>> My .deb doesnt appear to miss these icons, except brightness.png.
>> I cant find the brightness.png file in the src tgz.
>
> now that you mention it -- wifi is not shown.
> i get the brightness dialog randomly and though it was a second
> functionality of the battery icon ...

You have to enable it in the openmoko-panel-plugin file. Just set
'self.wifiIconShow = False;' to true and the wlan icon appears again.
The developer disabled it because wlan reassociation doesn't work
reliably for many users. But i had no problems so far with reassociation
to my AP after disabling wlan and reenabling it.

Ciao,
     Rainer