Looking for Free time zone map data

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 5 15:15:06 CEST 2008

Yes - DONT DO IT!

In Australia we change DST on a per state basis - we are 3 weeks behind
in this to Eastern states, and guess where the carriers are based, and
what happened on many/most mobiles here last night ...

When travelling across timezones, its nice to be able to control whats
happening.

When it goes wrong it WILL really stuff your day - sorry, you were late
to the job interview ...

Please, please if you decide to go ahead with such a monstrosity,
include a way for us to turn it off and provide manual changes.

BillK

On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 14:57 +0200, Jan Lübbe wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We were thinking about how to handle timezones in the FSO framework and
> decided we would like to be able to detect the time zone automatically
> based on the current location. I've search for a database with the
> necessary information, but i only found a commercial provider which
> doesn't allow redistribution.
>
> Does anyone have an idea how we could solve this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Jan

Home in Perth!