Fwd: Re: QTextended 4.4.1

Nicolas Linkert linkert at fastmail.fm
Sun Oct 5 21:23:56 CEST 2008

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 21:09:23 +0200, "Franky Van Liedekerke"
<liedekef at telenet.be> said:
> On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 21:01:22 +0200
> "Nicolas Linkert" <linkert at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 20:56:04 +0200, "Franky Van Liedekerke"
> > <liedekef at telenet.be> said:

> > > bow before your freerunner, pay it respect as you would do to a
> > > Greek God and let it suspend ...
> > >
> > > No seriously, I didn't do anything. I just tried it again: let it
> > > suspend (albeit only for a few seconds), call et voila: phone back
> > > to life.
> >
> > Very strange ...
> > I have used this
> > - qtextended-4.4.1-gta02-rootfs-release-10022309.jffs2
> > - uImage-gta02-g291a9d50_mwester-stable.bin
> >
> > and the FR does indeed NOT wake up from incoming calls. I've tried
> > this several times but no luck.
> >
> > BTW: Is there any other distribution where this works reliably?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Nick
> >

> I've heard before that people were having issues with this, but me
> personally never experienced this ... I'm using the same versions as
> you do (uimage and rootfs), so I'm not exactly sure why this is
> happening ... maybe it is provider related, or sim card ... beats me ...

Well, what I am interested in: Is this something that should work? Or is
it something that normally does not work and you are only lucky that it
works in your case?
And: Is there any other distribution - 2008.9, Debian, FSO etc. - where
this works _reliably_?

I have searched the archives but it's entirely unclear to me whether
this is an issue or not.

Best regards,
Nick