[qtextended] problems with roaming

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 14:27:23 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 11:18, Cédric Berger <cedric.berger74 at gmail.com> wrote:
> (this morning, only after a reboot and several tries I could manually
> select back the operator I wanted, from qtextended)

... but I realized once I was called that I had no sound anymore :-(
... another bug that appears sometimes since I try qtextended, but I
do not know yet when exactly... I had to reboot.

I will try, when I have time, to get both logs from qtopia 4.3.3 and
qtextended 4.4.1 to compare AT commands when selecting an operator. (I
noticed for example that 4.3.3 issued a ATE0 before AT+COPS=...., and
not 4.4.1)

Also I do not know if in my qtopia 4.3.3, GSM noise reduction was
activated, but it was on 4.4.1 ("AT%N0187")

And since trying qtextended, I do not remember having the very
annoying buzz during calls ! Not tried enough to be sure though... I
must also check that people I call do not hear it either...
Is it only sound levels and echo adjustment that helped, or something
more was included in code ? (I use mwester kernel - 06 october-)