[qtextended] Bluetooth kernel bug

Paul paul at nlpagan.net
Wed Oct 8 17:07:34 CEST 2008

Hooray for logread.

When I had first flashed qtextended, I could pair the FR with my
bluetooth handsfree-set (Parrot Minikit).

Each time since though, since I switch on the Parrot, the FR hangs, and
I could not see why. Now I ran this show while keeping an eye on the log.

For good measure: I flashed the FR with the following bits and pieces:

uImage-gta02-g291a9d50_mwester-stable.bin
qtextended-4.4.1-gta02-rootfs-release-10022309.jffs2

When I switch on the Parrot, this is logged:

Oct  8 12:54:23 om-gta02 daemon.info hcid[1351]: link_key_request
(sba=00:06:6E:17:42:22, dba=00:12:1C:06:85:3C)

After not much time, as you can see, this is logged:

Oct  8 12:54:29 om-gta02 user.crit kernel: kernel BUG at
net/bluetooth/rfcomm/tty.c:313!

That's when the screen on the FR freezes (ssh login still works, obviously).
The only way to relieve this stress is to take out the battery.

Interesting bit: When running "bluetooth ftp" and the FR scans for
devices, it picks up everything in the area just fine. After the scan it
dies also, with the difference that I can then kill (or at least jump
out of) the program with the AUX button. I did this at work today, to
see what happens.

Perhaps this is of help to someone. If there is a way in which I can
provide more info, please let me know. I'd love to use the Parrot with
my FR. (The Parrot is the only bluetooth device I have around at the
moment.)

Paul

--
No time. Saddest words ever spoken or written.

http://www.nlpagan.net
Running on Mandriva Linux 2008 and Ubuntu 8.04