New Rasterman Image...

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Wed Oct 8 19:21:59 CEST 2008

Cédric Berger wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 08:10, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler
> <raster at rasterman.com> wrote:
>
>>> Ummm.  Nice try, but see the results below.  I ran this remotely on my
>>> workstation at work, since it's right on a 20mb fiber...  Hopefully I'll be
>>> allowed to use Google again by the time I get in to work tomorrow... ;)
>> hmm. looks like we need a botnet to distribute the queries! :) each bot does
>> 1000 of them... :)
>
> Or maybe it is possible to ask google to be allowed to do such a task ?

Maybe, as reported in their license, it would be possible since I don't
think that we really use their data (i.e. search results them selves)
but only the number of the results they have for a single word, and this
shouldn't be nothing of bad for them, considering also that the script
ask only a result per page and that the search time is always really low.

Anyone could contact the G? BTW we could also using another search
engine as source...

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/