[2008.9] Wifi very unreliable

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Thu Oct 9 03:24:49 CEST 2008

On Thursday 09 October 2008 11:50:14 Steve Mosher wrote:
> well since this is wifi specific it needs to be referenced in the wifi
> section. If I had the wifi problem THAT would be the first place I
> looked. or in the known problem section.

I can't say I'm extremely familiar with the wiki but I imagine there is a
troubleshooting section? With possibly a FAQ? I think a link to the selected
blogs page would be valuable in such a place along with a link on the wiki

As blogs tend be general, linking specifically within wifi might not be
appropriate but a link to the troubleshooting page within wifi that then
allows you to choose internal or external sources of information sounds better
and keeps the non-official documentation contained and a little more
consolidated for all areas of troubleshooting. For actual wiki content this
isn't a problem but it would allow for an actual troubleshooting index of wiki
approved content as well.

I imagine linking directly, even if only to the selected blogs page, may
require more maintenance down the track as online information is pretty fluid
and relevance can change pretty quickly. If the site disappeared you'd have to
modify more than one page to accommodate it. Having two primary links, faqs
and troubleshooting, seems less confusing and easier to maintain to me.

Just a thought :)

Sarton