[FDOM] Bluetooth kbd?

Alastair Johnson alastair at truebox.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 15:34:26 CEST 2008

Christ van Willegen wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Alastair Johnson <alastair at truebox.co.uk> wrote:
>> Christ van Willegen wrote:

>>> I turned on Bluetooth in the settings screen (I also tried in the
>>> 'services' screen), but I didn't have any luck.
>>>
>>> Let me try that again...
>>>
>>> According to both 'Services' and 'Settings', Bluetooth is 'on', but
>>> hciconfig returns zilch.
>>>
>>> Christ van Willegen
>> echo "1" > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-bt.0/power_on
>> echo "1" > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-bt.0/reset
>> echo "0" > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-bt.0/reset
>
> Whew, the hard way with the on-screen keyboard and the stylus, but now
> it _searches_.
>
> I don't have the kbd handy, will try this evening...

Try with the GUI again, and if it causes problems then report a bug as
it needs to work reliably.

hidd --search picks up my iGo Stowaway without problems. Just press
Ctrl-Fn-Fn until the green LED flashes before running it. This method
will be disappearing soon though as hidd is deprecated. With luck
someone (me?) will write a GUI app to do the job...