[2008.9] Wifi very unreliable

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Fri Oct 10 01:23:56 CEST 2008

On Friday 10 October 2008 03:05:07 Michael Shiloh wrote:
> All things wifi, including known issues and a link to Tom's article, are
> here:
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Wifi

Yep, but my point was that Tom's article covers way more than wifi and
therefore could be indexed under multiple troubleshooting categories, along
with other external sources. Currently you would have to access each
applicable wiki area and add the link, then do the same when the link changes.

Rather than than say 'this person did this here', why not say 'see the wifi
section in troubleshooting' and have a small write up for each link?

There's no problem with linking haphazardly, it just eliminates a single point
of maintenance.

This is just my view, no need to reply with any links, unless it to a
troubleshooting index ;) ... I may even compile one up myself for personal use
as I only use the wiki for troubleshooting and I tend to do more reading and
searching than anything else. Something like this would be easy to create on
the fly.

Sarton