The best approach to change network configuration from applications.

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Fri Oct 10 04:05:06 CEST 2008

Hi Michele,

> reading you message you told that in a future is possible that fso
> framework will manage network interface too. Is correct to think that I
> can use the fso dbus interface to manage wireless?

DBus yes. At this point of time it's still unclear how much FSO will
have to do on their own in the network space and how much it can
delegate to one of the existing connection managers. I'm leaning towards
just a bunch of simple high level calls like:

* Setup the fastest IP connection and notify me when it's up
* Setup the cheapest IP connectoin and notify me when it's up
* Tell me about devices in vincinity
* Send a file to a device

delegating all the hard work to other software.

:M: