[2008.9] Wifi very unreliable

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Oct 10 09:31:33 CEST 2008

El día Thursday, October 09, 2008 a las 09:20:05PM +0100, Arigead escribió:

> Steve Mosher wrote:
> > We should allow for links to peoples pages.
> >

> Hate to throw a spanner in the works but I think ideally the information
> should be on the wiki and maintained there. How up to date is the info
> on an external site, if it isn't maintained, or how do you know it is
> maintained?
>
> There is an external link on the GPRS wiki page to a German site for
> installing the GSM Multiplexor and a GUI. I've been trying to get those
> instructions to work for the last couple of days. I assume I'm getting
> something wrong but how can I be sure, given the speed things change in
> OpenMoko, the instructions still work.
>
> Of course I'm talking about the ideal world but I know that the wiki is
> maintained so I'm more trusting of info there and more likely to bring
> problems with the info to peoples attention.

I fully agree with this opinion of Arigead and I will put my stuff about
Wifi and GPRS/PPP which I have in my private pages and external linked
from the Wiki to these pages into the Wiki itself;

in general (and without blaming nobody) I have to say about the Wiki
that a lot of stuff there is outdated and not well maintained; it is
sometimes also not very clear if the information/hints/changes are for the newer
Om2008.[8|9] versions or for older Om2007.2 version;

btw: the last days I have moved around a lot with my FR between home,
office and a hospital, ... but without any reboot:

root at om-gta02:~# uptime
 09:31:05 up 2 days, 27 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.12, 0.25, 0.29

and when I came today morning in my office, the FR Wifi came up just
fine;

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz