[OM2008] Documentation for .kbd-files?

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Sat Oct 11 04:16:59 CEST 2008

Konstantin wrote:
> Is there any documentation available that describes the format of the .kbd-files
>  the Illume-Keyboard uses? I'd like to build a german qwertz-layout (comes in
> handy for writing SMS ;) ), but don't quite understand the format of the
> corresponding keyboard config files.

AFAIK there's no docs about it, but it's quite easy... I suggest you
starting editing the Default keyboard and as you can see there each key
has a position (key x y) and the role of the key itself (normal, shift
capslock).

So for example a code like:
> key  5  0  10  10
>   normal   q "q"
>   shift    Q "Q"
>   capslock 1 1

will put a key in the position (5,0) and that key will show a q in
normal mode, a Q in shift mode and a 1 in capslock mode. Then while both
using the normal and shift mode the char written will be checked with
the dictionary, in the capslock mode the char will be directly prompted
in the text field.

In fact you've to use something like this:

key $x-pos $y-pos 10 10
    mode $char-to-be-shown-in-the-key $char-xcode-to-be-written
    mode $char-to-be-shown-in-the-key "$char-to-be-checked-with-dict"

Btw I don't know what the 10 and 10 means (maybe the key size? But this
seems strange since in the terminal keyboard they're set to 30 30) I've
to ask this to Rasterman!

I hope I've been enough clear... :P

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux