Accelerometer question [preliminary report]

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 06:17:13 CEST 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 4:47 AM, Fox Mulder <Quakeman1 at gmx.net> wrote:

> How can i test if it really goes into suspend or any other suspend-like
> mode?
>
> After i press the putton zhone says that it goes into suspend and
> nothing anymore reacts for input. Only when i press the power button
> again it comes back to life after 1-2 seconds.
> Is there a way to go into a "deeper" suspend mode and how? :)
>
> Ciao,
>     Rainer
>
> Andy Green wrote:
> > Fox Mulder wrote:
> >> Since suspend/resume works again i did a little test how much power my
> >> neo uses when in suspend. :)
> >
> >> The starting situation was that i used debian with [1] as kernel and had
> >> wlan+gsm activated and only zhone and openmoko-panel-plugin running.
> >> Than i plug off the power cradle at 100% battery level, suspended my neo
> >> and let it sleep for 6 hours. After i woke ip up it only had 24% battery
> >> left. This means ~3/4 of the 1200mAh accu drained. 900mAh in 6 hours
> >> means that it used 150mA in average all the time while in suspend. This
> >
> > Well, it's not "suspended", we have to take care of the nomenclature was
> > my point.  Suspended means the CPU is "off".
> >
> > I agree that 150mA is no use for "suspend", but I think you find the CPU
> > was up during that.

*groan* I am on qtextended, I charged the phone fully before going to sleep,
but when I woke up this morning, it was switched off.  I had switched off
the alarm too.  After putting it to charge, apm told me battery level was
10%.  The phone suspends and wakes up normally, I think.

What is it? What IS it?