Editing text files

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Mon Oct 13 06:48:28 CEST 2008

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:21:06 -0400, Stefan Monnier
<monnier at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> I use Raster's Illume keyboard, and select the Terminal layout, and most
> of
>
> I guess it's the part that I don't get.  What means "Raster's Illume
> keyboard" and how do I select another keyboard?
> I've read the Wiki about it, but I must be too dense to understand it;
> it always seems to refer to a system that looks different from mine.
> I have installed 2008.9 with few changes as of now.
> I guess I'll try again,
>

>         Stefan

try:
opkg install illume-config illume-config-illume

Should net you the 'qwerty' icon on the left in the Top Shelf.  When
selected it will open Raster's Illume keyboard. (which should be the
default keyboard at this point, though you may need to restart - at least
xserver-nodm - and it WILL occasionally revert to the Qtopia keyboard,
particularly when changes or updates to something Qtopia are made.  if it
shows the predictive keyboard (Raster's version) then tab the icon at the
top-right of the keyboard and select 'Terminal' from the list.