Editing text files

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Mon Oct 13 07:57:22 CEST 2008

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 01:39:32 -0400 Stefan Monnier <monnier at iro.umontreal.ca>
babbled:

> > opkg install illume-config illume-config-illume
>
> > Should net you the 'qwerty' icon on the left in the Top Shelf.  When
> > selected it will open Raster's Illume keyboard. (which should be the
> > default keyboard at this point, though you may need to restart - at least
> > xserver-nodm - and it WILL occasionally revert to the Qtopia keyboard,
> > particularly when changes or updates to something Qtopia are made.  if it
> > shows the predictive keyboard (Raster's version) then tab the icon at the
> > top-right of the keyboard and select 'Terminal' from the list.
>
> Thanks.  I think my confusion was that illume-config-illume was
> pre-installed and the descriptions of Raster's keyboard seemed
> sufficiently close to the one I saw that I didn't realize that I had
> another one and that illume-config mattered.  So IIUC, the default
> keyboard in Om2008.9 is Qtopia's, and installing illume-config switches
> it over to Raster's.
>
> BTW, the two kinds of keyboards could benefit from each other: Raster's
> "zoom on hold" looks amateurish compared to the neat one in Qtopia's.

because you use a pretty cruddy theme. try the illume images and better themes.
also the qt one looks bad - its a square block - because it isnt using shapes
(which are expensive) also it tends to hide under your finger. if the keyboard
wasnt all black but lets say white or green with a texture and details - u'd
notice the square box.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com