FR adapter - shocking experience!

Peter Fey fey.peter at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 13 11:32:13 CEST 2008

2008/10/9 Carsten Gerlach <daswaldhorn at gmx.de>

> Am Donnerstag 09. Oktober 2008 9:36:26 am schrieb Christ van Willegen:
> >
> > this morning, I pulled the FR adapter out of the (230 VAC) socket, and
> > accidentally touched one of the prongs. I experienced a short shock.
>
> I can confirm that. I had the same "feeling" this morning, too.

I got a shock when I unplugged the FR adapter because the
Europlug-USplug-adapter didn't stay in place. The latch holding it in place
was loose and my fingers touched the USplug while the Euro-End was still in
the wall outlet. This is my explanation for getting a shock, even though I
did not (want to) reproduce this. (also note the above posters names seem
European)
Some tape fixes this hardware bug.

Peter