[Om2008.9] Using Freerunner as a digital audio player

Matthias Camenzind m.camenzind at live.com
Mon Oct 13 17:05:15 CEST 2008

Convert the audio files before you copy them to the FR. The bad quality is caused of that pulseaudio and the openmoko-mediaplayer uses near to 100% cpu time. I converted some mp3 to mono 64kbps, they sound good.And cpu usage is around 60%. Here a little script:
#!/bin/bash
# execute it in a folder where the tracks are. First argument is to make files different to others. (May ID3-Tags are deleted. I used TagTool to create new Tags [from Filename].)
for fff in *.mp3; do
echo $fff
lame "$fff" -b 64 -m m -o -S "/home/username/$1 - $fff"
done

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om_2008.8_Guide#openmoko-mediaplayer2
Shows how to make openmoko-mediaplayer2 finger usable.