Introducing http://www.opkg.org

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 08:06:49 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 11:48 PM, Tobias Kündig <tobias.kuendig at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank you for reporting this bug.
> It has been fixed.
>
> Dear Tobias,

Regardless of many contrarian and critical opinions posted here, I think you
have done a great job in creating the site and giving people a quick way to
look up available applications.  You own the opkg.com domain, and if someone
has a problem with it, they should have thought of buying it up first.  I am
sure of your intentions, and I know they are good.

If people bother you too much about fragmenting and possible malware and
such, you can just provide two links to each software: one to the package on
your site, and one to the 'official' repository.  You can also put in a
disclaimer, and tell the paranoid to use the official package.

Do not be discouraged by negative opinions.  The most marginal are usually
the most strident.  And for sake of ease, please put the category list on
top.