OpenMooCow 0.1

Thomas White taw27 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 15 12:17:19 CEST 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 11:15:13 +1000
"Denis Johnson" <denis.johnson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds like fun, what distros will this run on ? more specifically can
> this run on qtextended ?

I developed it on Om2008.8-testing, but it should run on anything with
an X server and GTK.  I don't think QtExtended provides this
unfortunately :(.  A port should be pretty easy, but it'd be an almost
completely new program because all there is to it is a window with an
image (GTK), a timer callback (glib), a few file handling calls (stdio)
and a hook into SDL to play the sound.

When I tested it on FSO a couple of weeks ago I found some interesting
problems with the accelerometer data - the range seemed different so it
wasn't possible to trigger the sound.  I know about the range setting
of the accelerometers, but I didn't think that changed the units of the
readings, only the maximum range (and hence resolution).

Glad everyone enjoys it :)

Tom

--

Thomas White
Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy