New Rasterman Image...

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Wed Oct 15 23:55:09 CEST 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:49:34 +0200 David Samblas
<dsamblasomcommunity at gmail.com> babbled:

> El mié, 15-10-2008 a las 20:31 +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra escribió:
> > >
> > > New updates from Rasterman (ehy, why don't you add RSS feeds to your
> > > site?! :P): http://www.rasterman.com/.
> > >
> > > To underline a new image [1] and some scripts to get the same by
> > > compiling [2]. In his "files" folder there's also a nice mockup for the
> > > GTA03 hw [3]!
> > >
> > > [1] http://download.enlightenment.org/misc/Illume/Freerunner/2008-10-12/
> > > [2] http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/browser/trunk/TMP/oe
> > > [3] http://www.rasterman.com/files/gta03-idea-1.png
> >
> > Have you tried it already?
> I have tried,  it has an tree apps an alarm, a screenshotter and a
> terminal. looks very pretty and lovely, I'm still guessin why OM has no
> agree with raster on what the phone software has to look like

i just have zero phone software on it. no agreement one way or another here - i
don't work for OM, so no need to agree or disagree. i removed all of
frameworkd etc. because it was causing major performance problems. it alos
means the image got a fair bit smaller. it boots baster too as less hammering
the device on startup. as such frameworkd has yet to actually handle an incoming
or outgoing call for me on my sim card so i haven't focused on this. right now
i have other things to focus on (widget set, ui integration and adaption to
different resolutions etc.). zhone and frameworkd just get in my way.

> > Does it work? (ie, does it make/receive calls? can you hear and be
> > listented to?)
> You have to install somethings to arrive to do this, is more a proof of
> concept of what a Illume can look like in the Neo than a intention of
> have a working phone. I dream a day that I can aply this directly with
> an opkg install to a working official OM distro.
> >
> BTW, regarding http://www.rasterman.com/files/gta03-idea-1.png I like a
> lot all the design less one detail, raster let's start again a qvga vs
> vga flame? :)

that's an old design i did. before om had any designs of its own. it's just
useless junk right now.