Back to the basics: improving user experience

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 11:11:44 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 9:47 AM, John Lee <john_lee at openmoko.com> wrote:
> We assembled a team to focus on improving the user experience.  Here
> is our todo list at the moment:
>
> So, tell us what you want, then the coding monkeys will start working!

Speed, speed, speed...

If I compare the current user experience to the iPhone (*phtuey*) one,
I prefer the iPhone. I don't have one, and don't plan on getting one,
but it appears to be much faster then the Neo any day.

Program response should be lots better. Startup time reducing for apps
would be great. Boot time, maybe, I don't (plan on) doing that too
much.

Suspend is quite good at the moment, but when the display is 'blanked'
and the system is not in suspend, maybe pressing the 'power' button
could wake up the screen instead. Now it wakes up and immediately
suspends.

And, as arne says, having a faster screen response would be nice, as well...

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0