[debian] I need hints! please help

Davide Scaini dscaini at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 11:44:03 CEST 2008

hi all,
yesterday i tried to install openbox - fluxbox - xdm on my fr... as always
debian worked smoothly. But: i have some problems with init scripts. I have
no experience with debian init, i just have a question: wich file is
pointing (executing) to /etc/init.d/xfce ?
I'm not able to find it and to start correctly X in the correct DISPLAY.. i
want to try fluxbox or openbox (because i feel xfce a bit slow because of
tiny "fr-ram") without installing gdm (xdm seems to me a good choice)...